Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reading the Bible in 90 days!

Today my daughter and I began the challenge to read the Bible cover to cover in 90 days. I will not be blogging much these next 3 months so I can focus just on reading God's word and taking it all in. I will post updates periodically so here is the first confirmation that we are GOING FOR IT! We read today Genesis 1:1-16:16. It was great to have the opportunity to discuss this with my daughter as well since we are doing the same challenge and are going to hold each other accountable. If you are interested in learning more go to
http://www.biblein90days.org

Prayer: Lord God, I thank you for your word! What a privilege it is to be a part of your story that continues to unfold. I pray as I read your word these next 90 days that I would achieve the purpose of having a deeper understanding and appreciation for your story and the truths that you want to teach me. I pray in the name of Jesus against any distraction that might prevent me from committing to this goal which is really based on a desire to serve you and know your word. Help me to stay focused on the right purpose each day and to use this time for your glory and not my own agenda. Oh how much I wish to be fully committed to you...help me in my weakness. A special blessing for my daughter as well as she begins this journey for the first time, not just with me but with your word. I pray in Jesus name! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment