Thursday, June 10, 2010

I choose YOU!

My SOAP devotional for June 6th - This will be my last devotional on my blog for 3 months. I am taking a break from blogging to take the challenge to read the entire Bible in 90 days! Will you join me in this challenge beginning June 23rd? At various times I will give updates on how I'm doing with this 90 day challenge, so come back and check it out!

S - Acts 24:24-25
24Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was a Jewess. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus. 25As Paul discoursed on righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, "That's enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you."

O - Felix left Paul in prison to make the Jewish leaders happy but he wanted to learn more for himself about Jesus. He would have been familiar with the Christians having been governor for six years. This was a frequent topic of conversation among the Roman leaders. He brought his wife Drusilla so that they both could learn more about Jesus. Felix was very uncomfortable in their conversations about righteousness, self-control, and judgment, perhaps because Felix was not one interested in the changes he would have to make in his own life.

A - When we share our faith with others it can lead to conversations about righteousness, self-control and coming judgment. For some, perhaps many, this can create an uncomfortable moment of realizing that following Jesus requires change. There are times when the Holy Spirit convicts me of needing to look at my own actions and I have to make a choice to follow Christ or follow the ways of the world. This is a daily choice, even when we have chosen Jesus as savior and Lord of our life.

P - Jesus, you are the way, the truth, and the life. I choose you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment