Thursday, January 21, 2010

Believe/Made Righteous

My SOAP devotional from Jan. 14th

S - Gen. 15:6
"And Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord declared him righteous because of his faith."

O - This verse is referenced in Romans 4 as well and discussed by Paul at great length. The debate is about Abram believing God and then being declared righteous because of his faith. Therefore, he is the Father of all believers and we share in the same inheritance that God promised him. Abram obeyed as an act of his faith and relationship with God.

A - I should not be beating myself up when I mess up. The Lord has declared me righteous because of my faith. And when I do mess up I should confess it and get back to the Lord's work, not spending worthless moments pondering my sin. This is only a tactic of the enemy to distract me. God's word is clear and I need to BELIEVE it.

P - Keep the enemy FAR away from me Lord for he tries to deceive me into believing his doubts. YOU are faithful and what a blessing to be in fellowship with you, having confidence in your mercy, grace and forgiveness. May I never be so comfortable in my sin either as to forget WHO you are and who I belong to!! May I cling to the inheritance you have promised even little ole me :) AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment