Thursday, September 16, 2010

Precious Prayers

My SOAP devotional for 9/14

S - Revelation 5:8
"And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."

O - It seems significant that the container that holds the "prayers of the saints" is gold, and the prayers themselves are described as incense. When you think of gold you think valuable, expensive, and precious. Incense is used for aroma, to create a soothing mood and a pleasant smell.

A - Our prayers are valuable to God, for He keeps them in gold bowls. He doesn't just discard them after He hears them. He does not forget our most urgent pleadings. In addition, we know the presence of the prayers are pleasing to the senses because they are compared to the aroma of incense. Therefore, we should pray without ceasing, even when we feel like giving up, for God wants to hear from us and answers our prayers at the right time.

P - God, may I always be reminded that when I pray, you hear me. Thank you that my prayers are precious, which reminds me that I am valuable to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment