Thursday, April 22, 2010

A leader trusts in the Lord

This is my SOAP devotional for 4/15 - I find it ironic that I would read this on "tax day" when many were protesting the actions of the govt. with "tea parties". I too may not agree with the choices of govt. but it is important to remember that all leaders need our prayers more than anything else we do.

S - Psalm 21:7
For the king trusts in the LORD;
through the unfailing love of the Most High
he will not be shaken.

O - Even kings who have great power to determine the actions of their subjects on this earth should trust in the Lord. Just as we read about Pilate giving in to the demands of the people, a good leader seeks God's wisdom instead of popularity, or power. God pours out His love on those that seek Him, and He keeps them from stumbling. In fact, the Lord's love is great for ALL...most especially those that put aside their personal desires and seek His guidance.

A - In a leadership role (parent, music teacher, community leader, bible teacher, etc.) I must be seeking God's wisdom in ALL things, even when I feel confident and secure in my decision making. Even when decisions seem "biblically obvious". God only allows those that He wants in power to remain in power. Therefore, I must be in prayer for ALL leaders in business, in politics, in our schools, in our communities...all of these need our prayers to seek God's wisdom, regardless of whether we agree with their decisions.

P - Lord, you promise that when I seek you with my whole heart, you are there. Just as I already prayed that I would not be subject to pressure from others, will you help me be the leader that YOU desire me to be, taking a stand to embrace YOUR standards, even when it's hard? Will you help me remember to be in prayer for all leaders in my community and in government, even when I believe they are not seeking YOUR wisdom? May I be patient to know that YOU have placed them in leadership for a reason. Your ways and wisdom, and your unfailing love are ALWAYS good. Just like the song says, "How many kings would come down from their throne to die for me?" You alone did that for me and for ALL of us! Oh, that I would be humble to remember your sacrifice and live my life with this same humility. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment