Thursday, March 18, 2010

To live as the exalted servant

Please read my previous post for today as well, from 2 weeks ago.
This is my SOAP devotional for March 10th

S - Matthew 23:11-12
"The greatest among you must be a servant. But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

O - Jesus is speaking of the fact that the most humble person will receive the greatest victory in heaven. He lived this example by being willing to come as a humble carpenter, labeled a bastard, faced persecution and died on a cross to fulfill God's plan of salvation.

A - If we have truly embraced the opportunity to live a life devoted to God, following Jesus in faith, then we cannot help but be humble. This is such a HUGE indication of a changed person if they do embrace it, and such a "red flag" as well because many that claim to live a life for Christ are still focusing on selfish desires and self promotion. It is not our place to judge where others are in their faith, of course...this is a reminder for ALL of us that fight against our human nature of a focus on self.

P - Oh that I would be humble Lord. Remove any selfish desire for great achievement...that my desire would be in proclaiming YOUR good news regardless of my own benefit. How I just prayed to be your servant with the purest heart and you give me this word reminding me of your humility as my example. You know me so well :) and what I need to hear! I must let go and release my personal agenda...live your will, and walk in your ways. You are good! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment