Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sin comes back around

My SOAP devotional for Feb. 2

S - Gen 29:25
"Jacob raged at Laban. 'I worked seven years for Rachel. What do you mean by this trickery?"

O - In this part of the story, Laban has tricked Jacob by giving him his oldest daughter Leah instead of the 2nd daughter, Rachel, who Jacob loved. The deceiver who stole his older brother's blessing has become the deceived. Jacob was given this name "one who deceives" and he lived up to it. However, we see that when our sins come back around it doesn't feel very good. We often cannot see our sin and how it hurts others when we are the sinner. But God's way is fair and good because He shows us how sinning for our own benefit is always hurtful to someone. Following God's way is love without pain. Jacob finally saw how deception is not the best way to get what you want.

A - It is important to approach a situation with God's eyes and look for how my choices could potentially hurt others, and not just be for MY benefit.

P - Open my eyes Lord to see clearly how my choices are affecting those around me. Make me aware and give me the guidance to know when I am sinning. I love that your word promises that there is ALWAYS a way out from a temptation. Give me the strength to choose the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment